More about Lenses
Eyeglass Lenses – High index, multifocal, progressive, transition, polycarbonate, polarized. Our office offers an array of eyeglass lenses to meet individual vision requirements. Some of the available lenses are:
- High Index Lenses that are thinner and lighter than ordinary lenses
- Traditional multifocal Lenses correct for near and distance vision (bifocal) or near, middle and distance vision (trifocal).
- Progressive Addition Lenses that correct for near, middle and distance vision without the lines of bifocal or trifocal lenses. We now have the Visioffice digital measuring system that allows our office to obtain every possible parameter needed for today’s individualized lenses. In addition to using new optical technologies, we carry the latest progressive lenses like the new Varilux S Series to optimize the vision of patients.
- Transitions ® Lenses that are clear indoors, but darken automatically when you go outdoors. Transitions® Vantage™ lenses are breakthrough lenses with variable polarization that changes in intensity as lighting conditions change. They are the first and only lenses that are virtually clear indoors with no polarization that darken and polarize outdoors. The result is noticeably crisper, sharper vision as well as control of glare and light scatter. Under a wide range of lighting conditions!
- Trivex Lenses are our first choice for children because of their impact resistance and lightweight. It is the lightest of any lens material available today. Like polycarbonate, Trivex also has inherent 100% UV protection. However, unlike polycarbonate, Trivex has an Abbe value of 45, making it optically superior. Further distinguishig itself, Trivex is ideal for drill mounting. The tensile strength of Trivex makes it highly resistant to cracking around drill holes.
- Anti-reflective lenses that provide crisper and clearer vision. Less glare so you can combat the drain of computers and fluorescent lights on your eyes. Look good in your glasses with less unsightly glare so people can see your eyes. The latest technology Crizal lenses provide the best cleanability so any fingerprints, water and smudges wipe away with ease, and low-Maintenance! The best dust repellence so your lenses stay cleaner, longer. These lenses have the best durability and scratch resistance so your glasses will last longer.
Optical lens technology has gone through rapid advances. Lenses are lighter, stronger, clearer, and more scratch resistant than ever. We feature to quality lenses that eliminate optical distortion and glare, and some can even change to sunglasses when outside. We recommend the most advanced digital progressive addition lenses giving clear vision at far, near, and in between.
Every patient has different needs. We will discuss your lifestyle, your visual demands and help you to make a decision that is perfect.