A clear look at your child’s nearsightedness.
Myopia is on the rise – in its frequency and its severity.
The reason for its escalation has been linked to two factors:
- Genetics – Kids with one or two myopic parents are more likely to be myopic.
- Lifestyle – Spending more time on activities like reading or using handheld devices instead of spending time outdoors increases the likelihood of becoming myopic.
We’re certified to prescribe Brilliant FuturesTM with MiSight® 1 day contact lenses.
WHAT IS MYOPIA?
Myopia is more commonly referred to as nearsightedness, or the inability to see objects clearly at a distance. The reason objects are blurry in the distance with nearsightedness is because the eye becomes longer as the child grows.
A GROWING CRISIS
In the early 1970s, only 25% of Americans were nearsighted.3 Today, more than 40% of Americans are nearsighted, and that number is increasing at an alarming rate, especially among school-age children.
TOGETHER, WE CAN MANAGE MYOPIA
More than just vision correction, myopia management with MiSight® 1 day contact lenses can help keep your child’s future brilliant.
MiSight® 1 day contact lenses:
- Correct distance vision immediately
- Can slow myopia progression during the growing years
- Provide a comfortable experience
- Allow you to avoid the worry of losing or breaking glasses
- Accommodate a more active lifestyle
- Children who wear contact lenses have significantly better quality of life than kids wearing glasses, especially regarding athletics and appearance